Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cover Letter to apply for internship in Accenture( Edited )

About The Internship

Accenture Offers:

  • An opportunity to gain real-life business and technology consulting experience as a member of a client project team
  • A stepping stone to a career with Accenture
  • An internship allowance
Types of Responsibilities:
  • Assist in developing technology-based solutions to improve clients' business performance
  • Assist in analyzing, designing, and implementing business process improvements
  • Assist in defining user requirements

With reference to website https://tas-accenture.taleo.net/careersection/10001/jobdetail.ftl?lang=EN&job=00077803 Internship/Job Specifications are as follows:

  • Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment.
  • Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
  • Desire to work in an information systems environment.
  • Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.

COVER LETTER


25 Prince George’s Park Residence 6 Date: 31-08-2010

Block 27, Level B1, Room A Singapore- 118424.

The Accenture Recruiting Team 250 North Bridge Road #33-00 Raffles City Tower Singapore 179101

Subject:- To apply for Accenture Information Technology Internship Programme 2010-11

Respected Sir/Madam,

With reference to “INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES 2010-11” in Accenture, Singapore website, I wish to apply for an internship in the Information Technology sector. In order to work in a complete innovative environment and learn design implementation of analysis of the given task I am applying for this internship in Information Technology sector. I am a 2nd year Computer Engineering student.

I have a good track record of academic and co-curricular record. This will surely help me to work in a team with impressive implementation of ideas and analysis needed to carry out the responsibilities. I have personal interest in user-defined technology solutions and I am willing to learn and work hard in order to meet to the expectations of this internship’s responsibilities.

Due to my curriculum and past achievements, I have already been through group projects design like building line tracking sensors as hardware or developing hypermarket store software; being as one of the creative team member. I have a deep understanding of data structures and MOSFET designs. In these projects I not only ended up with good marks but professors were impressed as well. Thus, I am confident I can take up such challenging tasks of assisting in analysis and design implementation of developing technology based solutions which must be user defined. I am keen to learn and improve my skills in all these aspects of implementing such solutions to improve business processes. This will ultimately help me to contribute towards program responsibilities of this internship programme.

Attached is my resume. Hopefully, I would like to contribute in this internship opportunity if provided. Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Shivam Pathak.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Shivam,

    It is really a professional application letter well done.

    However, I have some suggestions here.
    Firstly, it might be better to omit the sentence "I have no previous experience ..." Lack of experience does not reflect well on your application.

    Secondly, the first sentence of the 3rd paragraph does not seem to flow, it might be better if it is "As my past achievements have shown, I have aleady...". The last sentence of 3rd paragraph could change to "...to contribute to your organisation."

    Thirdly, the last paragraph could be restructured. A typo here: "Thanking you" should be "Thank you."

    On a side note, is the format presented in class better for application letter? I am not very sure about this, maybe the format here is also acceptable.

    Hope this helps.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shivam,

    As what Xixi pointed out, I agree that you should avoid saying that you have no prior experience. Afterall, we are "selling" ourselves. Reflect the good aspects and keep the bad ones to ourselves :)

    You have showed your academic strengths and abilities related to the internship. However, you might wish to include a portion on soft skills as well. This will make your application letter more complete and convincing.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Xi Xi: Thanks a lot for pointing out those mistakes. I m gonna re-edit it as soon as I receive all comments.

    I think "Thanking you" is acceptable because I read it while googling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alvin: Thanks. Sure. I will do that with change of sentences but not quite sure that I have to present my soft-skills as well because job requirement is more based on what you have learned academically. I was confused as well whether to mention other hobbies or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shivam,

    I feel that your past experiences are very relevant to this internship that you're applying for. It is also great that you linked all your past experiences with how it would make you a suitable candidate for the internship. It also seems your credentials are impressive, which would definitely interest your employer as well.

    7Cs-wise, I feel that you are quite concise, being straight to the point and highlighting the main points of your experiences. However, I feel that you could use more of commas, which I feel is lacking is some sentences. There are also grammar errors here and there that you should take note of. (: I too, agree with Xixi that this format seems a little wrong. Maybe you would like to check it out. (:

    Cheers! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shivam,

    Great letter you have there. You showed how relevant you are to the job in very concise paragraphs. However I feel that some of your sentence are a bit too long and I took a while to digest or maybe I am still not awake in the morning.haha: ) maybe you could give more bite sized sentence for the readers to digest as I think those people at the recruitment departments will just glance through the letter and it will make it easier for them to pick out the main points:.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shivam!

    From reading your application letter, I can tell you have many past achievements and good technical know-how. It is good that you expressed a willingness to work hard and that you have a "personal interest" in user-defined technology solutions. However, there are parts in your letter that seem very touch-and-go, where you just mention that you have "been through" particular projects, but didn't mention what you learned/skills you gained from them. I feel you need to elaborate a little more on your strengths and accomplishments, relating them closely to the requirements of this internship.

    I agree with Alvin on the point that you should showcase your soft skills too -what kind of team member were you? How did you get along with those you worked with? What was your role in all your various project groups? Any examples of leadership on your part? That sort of thing.(:

    Aside from all that, I'd just like to draw your attention to three sentences you might want to consider making slight changes to:

    1.I wish to apply for an internship in Information Technology sector. >>> I wish to apply for an internship in the Information Technology sector.

    2.I have a good track of academic and co-curricular record. >>> I have a good track record of academic achievements and co-curricular activities.

    3.I am willing to learn with hard work in order to meet to the expectations of... >>> I am willing to learn and work hard in order to meet the expectations of...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shivam,

    I feel that this application letter is not very well done. Firstly, the structure of the letter is not very clear. Each paragraph does not have the main point which you want to bring across. Secondly, I feel that most of the things that you said should be supported by an experience or a substantiation. For example, second paragraph should be supported by an experience which shows your interests in user defined solution. Otherwise, I wouldn't put it there. The HR people are highly critical. If something is not evident, they will shoot you down.

    Sorry for being critical, but yeah I think need a little bit of organization and some content missing. However, the good part about your letter is that I know that you know a lot about technical aspect of the job. In term of language, I think it's fine, although the flow of the letter is not quite there. Good effort!

    Billet

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Alicia: Thank you for the valuable suggestions. I have already done that and the format too. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @XQ,

    Thanks man for suggestions. I think you are absolutely right. I must write shorter sentences. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @May: Thanks for pointing out the grammatical errors. I have corrected them. Regarding mentioning of soft skills, I am still in doubt whether I should point it out or not because I have added all stuffs related to job specification and adding soft skills shall increase the length of cover letter. The HR said that I need not to mention the soft skills.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Billet: Thanks a lot Billet. I accept and acknowledge your suggestions. I will surely work upon better organization and inclusion of more facts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In asking my boss for a letter of recommendation, I found that many people don't know how to write them or what goes into a recommendation letter. So I researched online and put together a small bit of information on how to write and what to put into a recommendation letter. See more letter of motivation study abroad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really, I am impressed from this post. The person who create this post is truly great. Thanks for sharing this with us. I found this informative and interesting blog so I think its very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    Online security surveillance equipment

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing Informative and Interesting Cover latter. Really i am impressed this post ...........

    Summer Internship

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wha! This is great full blog i like this type blog. Deferentially this blog have this quality big cost, special effects, thank for sharing this blog.

    Curso de wordpress

    ReplyDelete